Thursday, August 5, 2010

Reflections on St Philip Minh and Companions (Br Anthoney Liew)


During semester break, I went back to College General, the seminary where I did my earlier formation in Penang. My attention automatically went to the monument of St Philip Minh and companions. It brought back a lot of beautiful memories. Above all, it reminded me to be courageous and strong in the growth of my Catholic faith especially in my journey towards priesthood.

Every time when I go through the history of St Philip Minh and companions, I am touched by their fidelity to God and their courage in facing all the challenges ahead of them. I admire their great faith in God. They are true disciples of Jesus who witnessed Christ with all their deeds even unto death. St Philip Bui-Van-Minh, who completed his studies for the priesthood at College General, refused to trample on the cross and deny his religion to his interrogators; St Peter Qui fasted, prayed and recited the rosary when he was in the prison and still clutched a small statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary at his execution; St Paul Le Van Loc refused to renounce his faith; St John Hoan even thanked God during his execution and St Peter Nguyen Van Luu was praying and reciting the rosary during his execution.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stay tuned for the next post by Br Jude David on 07th Aug 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment