Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Reflections on Ps 43 (Br Peter Anthoney)

The psalms and canticle for this morning belong to those that glorify and praise God. However, it must be observed the psalmist is not simply praising God for his awesome power and almightiness but simply because this God, our God has not remained a transcendent God but one who is an imminent God, a God who was and is with them in all their struggles and difficulties. He is indeed a God with whom they had and continue to have a very personal intimate relationship of love, peace joy and hope.

As I reflect these words of the psalm, I observe that the psalmist is able to communicate freely what he intends to speak to God from the bottom of his heart. He says;

Since you, O God, are my stronghold,
why have you rejected me?
Why do I go mourning,
Oppressed by the foe?

O send forth your light and your truth;
Let these be my guide.
Let them bring me to your holy mountain,
to the place where you dwell.


As I reflect on the words of these psalms and canticle I ask myself why am I not at like this God who had created me in his likeness and image, a God who created me a little less than himself. Am I not called to be like him, to reach out and touch the lives of the many people I come in encounter with.

I suppose we are all like that, wanting so much to be like our God but something within us seems to be an obstacle preventing us to become the person God intends of each us. So let us as we pray these psalms of praising and glorifying God we will seek the help of God for us to locate what is that, that is preventing us to be like him and seek the grace and strength of God for us to resolve these issues so that we can go forth living our live to the fullest for the gory of God and for our own salvation. Amen!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stay tuned for the next post by Br Anthony Liew on 05th Aug 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment