Saturday, November 7, 2009

Reflections on Ps118 (Bro Cornelius Ching)

I call on you with all my heart –
answer me, Lord.
I will obey your laws.
I call on you –
save me
so that I can keep your decrees.

Have we really called on the Lord as if our lives depended on it? I don't think many of us had been faced with this situation... and I don't think any of us want to be in this situation. But this is the feeling I get when I was reflecting on Ps 118. The psalmist called on the Lord with all his heart, from the depths of his being, for his help and deliverance. How badly must he have wanted to feel the presence of the Lord.

Although I do to be in his shoes, I do find consolation in his closing stanza, telling of the trustworthiness od the Holy One.

But you, Lord, are near to me,
and you are trustworthy in all your precepts.
From the beginning I have known your decrees,
how you have made them to last for ever.

How I wish and I pray that whenever I need to turn to the Lord, in times of good and bad, I can say from the bottom of my heart that his is trustworthy in his ways and always there. He will answer in the way that is best for me.

"Lord give me the faithfulness to know of your presence always
And the clarity of mind to see the wisdom of your ways."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stay tuned for the next post by Bro Aloysius Tan on 9th Nov 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment