Thursday, November 19, 2009

Reflections on Ps 66 (Bro Benedict Chng)

Psalm 66 is a special Psalm for me because it is a call to celebrate the Discovery of God by the Israel as well as mine.

In Salvation history lesson, the bible describes Israel’s discovery of God. It began when the Red Sea stood still to let Israel exit from Egypt and climaxed when the Jordan River stood still to let Israel enter the Promised Land. What happened to Israel happens to us. Each and every one of us here has our God - Discovery moments, our God – Discovery experiences.

One of my God Discovery moments was in 1989 after graduation when I was trying to seek employment. For 11 months I was jobless, every week, I would eagerly send my resume to potential companies hoping for an interview. After going for several interview, I soon realized that companies were reluctant to hire fresh graduates because we were inexperience and also a high tendency to job hop after gaining some experience. The weeks slowly turn to months. The process of waiting was very truly restless, frustrating and demoralizing. More so when your contemporary have already gain entry into the job market. I felt rejected and trapped just like the Jews in Egypt.

Like the slaves, I too cried out to the Lord finally to break these chains and set me free. Our ever loving God indeed heard my cry and responded to my plead … in less than a month I had my interview and the rest is history.


Let us recall our God-Discovery moments and like the psalmist in the stanza “Let the people praise you O God. Let all the people praise you.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stay tuned for the next post by Bro Edward Seah on 21th Nov 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment