Thursday, November 5, 2009

Reflections on Ps 50 (Bro Moses Rayappan)

A pure heart create for me, O God,
Put a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me away from your presence,
Nor deprive me of your Holy Spirit.

Since my childhood , I have always liked the tristar that I saw on the car. Only later on did I learn that it was the Mercedes Benz logo. Over the years, although the designs and models of the car have changed drastically, yet the logo still remained the same. Today people can recognize the car anywhere because of its logo. Without this logo, the car has no special and distinct identity. Even for servicing and repairs, it is highly recommended that it should be serviced at a Mercedes service centre only. For they know the car best.

All of us as God’s children have a unique and distinct mark that makes us special from all the other created things. It is the mark of God’s ownership on us and this mark never leaves us. Therefore although we try many ways and methods to find meaning and purpose in life, we can attain fulfillment only when we allow the Spirit of God to lead us. King David cried out to God in Psalm 50 when he needed God to “service” him for only God could heal him completely. For God knows man best. If there are some matters which are disturbing us deeply, perhaps it is time to visit our very own spiritual mechanic, who is God. He is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stay tuned for the next post by Bro Martin Arlando on 7th Nov 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment