Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Reflections on Ps 51 (Bro Lionel Thomas)

Psalm 51: 17-….Humble and contrite heart….

Sounds familiar enough I am sure for many of us. Well I have to confess, I would receive this invitation ( "come to Me with a humble and contrite heart ") on a regular basis. I also realized in order to change my heart to one that is humble and contrite, a heart of flesh and not stone; two situations have to take place within myself.

1st situation: Jesus is outside the walls of my heart, He knocks and enters. That’s when I am able to move from sin to grace.

2nd situation: to help me move to a higher state of grace, Jesus knocks from within the walls of my heart to come out. Why? Well, by virtue of my baptism, I have become the temple of the Holy Spirit. But sadly I have built stone walls and imprisoned the Holy Spirit in my heart due to my pride, ego and resistance towards the holy will of God. Hence I would limit the actions of Jesus in my life.

That is when Jesus knocks from within my heart, asking me to be obedient and available to Him in order for me to reflect the resurrected Christ in my life. This can only take place when I allow Him to permeate my whole being and not impede Him within a heart of stone.
Just as Jesus stepped out of that cold, dark and uninviting tomb two thousand years ago, He wants to step out of my cold and hardened heart.
On my part I need to learn to surrender myself to Him and to die to sin and rightfully claim my identity as a child of the most High God and live it out through my thoughts , words and deeds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stay tuned for the next post by Bro Moses Rayappan on 5th Nov 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment