Sunday, May 9, 2010

Reflections on the Diocesan Vocation Retreat and Ps 130 (Br Cornelius Ching)

The annual Diocesan Vocation Retreat ended today. We had 47 young men who came to the seminary on Friday evening to spend about 2 days discerning the call of the Lord in their lives. For many of them, it was a nice break from the hustle and bustle of their lives as students or employees, and spending time listening to the enlightened speakers tell the ups and downs in their vocation and priesthood.

As a seminarian, I was one of the facilitators involved in this retreat and as I was listening to the sharing of my group members, I cannot help but think about my own call and the uneasiness and fear in my hearts when I was contemplating over it. The was much uncertainty in my mind about what lies ahead. Well, the challenge is to take the first step and the Lord will lead you on and pave the way ahead for you. I can fell the security and faith if the Psalmist when he writes,

I hold myself in quiet and silence,

like a little child in its mother's arms,
like a little child, so I keep myself.

Although the uncertainties still lie ahead, there is little fear now. I am feeling the care and warmth like I am in my mother's arms. I know the Lord will take care of these matters in the way he knows best. There is only one thing on my mind. To be obedient to his will and move on in the path he paves for me. Blessed be God forever!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stay tuned for the next post by Br Martin Arlando on 11th May 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment