Monday, May 3, 2010

Reflection on Psalm 107 (Br Anthony Liew)

What is your response if your girlfriend out of jealousy asks you this question – “Honey ah, if your beloved mother and I accidentally drop into the sea. Remember you can only save one of us. Who would you chose to save?” I guess most of us will get stuck with this question as we know that no matter which one we choose to save, we will still be in trouble. Yet, I have a better response for this. I will tell my girlfriend, “Honey ah, out of filial piety I will have to save my beloved mother.” Before she has a chance to voice out, I will quickly continue, “But, I will then try to jump into the sea to save you. If I cannot make it, let us go to heaven together.” I guess you can think of her reaction after hearing this response.

This is the power of love. To some, love is blind. In the eyes of the outsiders, this is merely a stupid action; yet, in the eyes of those who have experienced that love, it is more than worthy to save our loved ones out of love, even to the extent of sacrificing our lives. It is what our Lord Jesus has shown us when He died on the cross out of His love for you and me. That is why we should thank and praise Him for his love for us as the psalmist of psalm 107 says, “I will thank you Lord among the people, among the nations I will praise you, for your love reaches to the heavens and your truth to the skies.” I am sure all of us do feel this love of Christ for us throughout our lives. This love of his for us must be great enough which enables us to respond to our calling. What can I do or become in return for His love?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stay tuned for the next post by Br Jude David on 05th May 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment