Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Reflection on Ps 27 (Br Martin Arlando)

A wealthy businessman was now old and wanted to retire. So he called his three sons and told them, “I am going to give my business to one of you. What I want to find out is that which of you is the best businessman? So I am going to test the three of you. Whoever wins the test gets the whole business.”


So the old man gave each of the sons $1000. With that money each one was supposed to buy something which would fill a big empty room. The boy who filled the room most completely would win.



The 1st young man went out and bought a big leafy tree. He had it cut down and dragged into the room. It filled about half the room.


The 2nd young man went out and bought all the grass which some farmers were cutting off their field. They carried it in and filled most of the room.



The 3rd son was the smartest. He went to a small trade store and bought a candle for $2.00. in the evening, after dark he called his dad over to the large empty room. He then put the little candle down on the floor in the middle of the room and lighted it. after a while or so he turned to his father and said, “Dad can you see any little corner of this room which is not filled by the light of that candle?” That son won the business.



Likewise Jesus Christ alone, the light of the world can shine in our lives to the very tiny spot of our lives and make it radiate for His glory. In all our moments of frustrations and depressions, let Psalm 27 be our personal prayer of abandoning ourselves completely and confidently into the hands of God.

With the psalmist let us with full trust and hope pray “The Lord is my light and my help, whom shall I fear? He keeps me in the shelter of His tent and so my head shall be finally raised above my foes who surround me.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stay tuned for the next post by Br Aloysius Tan on 24th Sep 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment