Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Reflections on Ps 61 (Br Benedict Chng)

During this Chinese New Year holiday, I had the opportunity to watching the Winter Olympic on TV. I am most fascinated by the competitors on the skating ring. They were absolutely magnificent, the couples were able to coordinate well and seem flawless. However there was a pair that was not synchronizing themselves well to the rhythm.

My conclusion was when two people compete to take the lead, nothing feels right, the movement doesn’t flow with the music and everything becomes quite uncomfortable and jerky.
When a person realizes that, and allows the other to take the lead, both bodies movements begin to flow with the rhythm and the music. One partner could give a gentle cue, a nudge to the back or pressing lightly on the hand to indicate a certain direction etc.

I conclude that it takes two to become one then the dance will look gracious. The dance takes surrender, willingness, and attentiveness from one person and gentle guidance and skill from the other.

I realized that to dance with God, I must be docile, to surrender and to trust Him to take the lead and guide me through each season of my life.

Like the psalmist in Psalm 61 who proudly proclaims his dependency on God : “In God alone is my soul at rest, my help comes from him. He alone is my rock, my stronghold, my fortress : I stand firm”. With this in mind, then my life will be beautiful as I will be in tune with God’s will for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stay tuned for the next post by Br Edward Seah on 26th Mar 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment