Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Reflections on Ps 62 (Br Cornelius Ching)

Have you ever craved for a plate of char kway teow so bad that you just got to have a nice meal of it... the succulent kway teow and mee.... the crunchy tau gay and chai sim... the bouncy lap cheong... the fresh see hum... all bound together by the slightly charred egg and fried to perfection in its sweet sauce and with a hint of the aroma of lar pok... Mmmm!!!

I have this craving once in a while and will not rest until I hunt down a nice plate of it, or visit one of the famous stalls scattered around Singapore (like Old Airport Rd, Chomp Chomp, High Street Market etc).

When I have this craving, the longing in me is so deeply rooted that I just have to fulfil this urge to satisfy my want. I am sure the psalmist of Ps 62 must be feeling this way or even more when he composed this psalm. Everytime I pray this psalm, especially on Sunday, Wk 1 of the Liturgy of the Hours, I cannot but feel this deep need and longing for the Lord to be in my life and set it straight. Sometimes, this feeling is so strong that it even draws a tear to my eyes.

O God, you are my God, for you I long;
for you my soul is thirsting.
My body pines for you
like a dry, weary land without water.

How I pine for the water of the Lord to irrigate the arid spiritual life I have. My prayer is to continue this deep pining for the presence of the Lord in my life and let him lead me where he wants me to go..... now I can go dig in to my plate of char kway teow.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stay tuned for the next post by Br Gabriel Wong on 22nd Oct 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment