Monday, February 15, 2010

Together let us walk with Christ : Reflections based on Ps 142 (Bro Edward Seah)

I love walking. In fact I can spend the whole day walking. Most of the time I enjoy walking either because of the good purpose of the walk like when it is related to the ministry or for relaxation which is often intersperse with some contemplations. Once as a young brother, I was asked to take an oversea visitor for sight-seeing and we walked from Botanic Gardens to Marina Centre and the Esplanade. Little did I realise that while I enjoyed the long walk, my guest did not mainly because it was too long a walk besides our climate was just too humid for him. Yes, I could be more sensitive to his needs but then I was over enthusiastic about showing him my country.


Psalm 142 talks about the need to ask the Lord to ‘make me know the way I should walk’. Why do we need to ask for this intention? It is in order that we do God’s will in our walk of life. This Psalms suggests that we need to ask the good Holy Spirit to guide us to walk in ‘ways that are level and smooth’. When we walk under the guidance of the Holy Spirit we avoid walking in the flesh. For St Paul exhorts us in his letter to the Galatians when he wrote: ‘I tell you, be guided by the Spirit, and you will no longer yield to self-indulgence.’ [5:16]


As we enter the season of Lent, our Church invites us, through the Singapore Pastoral Institute, to walk with Christ. It reminds us that our life is like a pilgrimage: a journey we embark in a never ending circle of discovering who we are and where we are in view of God and our purpose of existence in his loving plan for us. The good news about being Church is that we do not walk alone for our faith-community connects with us in seeking the mutual renewal of our Christian living. Let us pray and support one another in this faith journey.

Yes, may we walk in the ways of Christ and with the help of God’s grace do our best to reflect His love in our relationship with one another. Live Jesus in our hearts!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stay tuned for the next post by Bro Gregory Chan on 17th Feb 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment