Saturday, February 13, 2010

Reflections on Ps 116 (Bro Benedict Chng)

As I reflect on Psalm 116, I know that God is here. I know this because He looked upon me with love and responded to my cry for help.

There is a time during my teenage years when I didn’t care!
I was not aware of any particular need for Him.
But then I hit bottom. Death itself reached out to embrace me.
There was no one else to turn to.
I cried out to God in my desperation.
I could almost feel His invisible hand encircle me and draw me to Himself.

Now I am convinced. God is here and I shall trust Him forever.
I will no longer wait for pain or suffering to drive me to Him.
I will walk in His course for my life.
I am committed to His purposes, and I intend to carry out that commitment.

I can never repay God for His ever-present love.
I can only dedicate my life to praising Him and to serving Him whenever I may be.
I am His servant and His son; I shall love Him forever.
I shall proclaim to all the nations “O praise the Lord for His love and goodness”.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stay tuned for the next post by Bro Edward Seah on 15th Feb 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment