Thursday, October 29, 2009

Reflections on Ps 80 (Bro Cornelius Ching)

Have we ever contemplated how great our God is? How much he looks after us, in spite of our complaining, despair, unfaithfulness and even when we take him for granted? Verse 6&7 of Psalm 80 reads -

I freed his back from burdens;
his hands were freed from heavy loads.
In your tribulation you called on me and I freed you,
I heard you from the heart of the storm,
I tested you at the waters of Meribah.

He had been there helping me all along the way, in ways known and unknown. Oh how often have I taken the Lord for granted and only turned to him when I am in need. If only I will be aware of his mighty presence, especially in the good times in my life. In verse 13&14 he gives this promise -

The enemies of the Lord would be overcome with weakness,
Israel’s would be the good fortune, for ever:
I would feed them full of richest wheat
and give them honey from the rock,
to their heart’s content.

May I never take the Lord for granted and trust in his mighty hand in my life. If I look back in the events in my life, I can never deny that he helped me overcome my weaknesses and given me more than I can ask for. Such is his love for me.


Even in the first reading of today, St Paul tells us that nothing in heaven and on earth can ever separate us from the love of Christ. Now is the time for me to dwell in his presence and bask in his love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stay tuned for the next post by Bro Andrew Stephen on 01st Nov 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment